Dear Adults Volunteers, Young Marines, Parents, and other supporters,
We need your help! The coming weeks are critical and we are requesting that you engage your United States Congressional Representative at their local or Washington D.C. offices because of the recent loss of federal funding to the Young Marines program. It is vital that our Congressional Grant is funded in Fiscal Year 23. A draft example is attached for you to edit and use. We are asking you to discuss the following in your own words:
1. Why the Young Marines are important to you as an adult volunteer, Young Marine, parent, or your community.
2. How has it changed your life or the lives of the children. Give examples. Just tell a story.
3. Talk about specific benefits of the program: drug demand reduction education, citizenship, leadership.
The contact can take any form:
1. Letter to the office (example is linked). This is the best. It does not need to be fancy or long, just cover the items above - from the heart.
2. Email or website contact (many congressional offices have a website where you can contact your representative to leave a message).
3. Call their office and speak to their aide or leave a message. Again, call the local office or the national one. If a lot of people call the local office, they will relay the message to their D.C. office.
4. You want to ensure the program continues and that your Congressperson supports the Young Marines in fiscal Year 23.
The link below will take you to the House of Representatives website locator. On the top right of the website, you can search for your congress member by zip code.
Thank you very much for your support and assistance with this important request. Even a handful of calls will make a difference. We will keep you posted!
House.gov link https://www.house.gov/representatives
Headquarters Young Marines